Laser Dentistry Redondo Beach and Manhattan Beach
One of the fastest growing trends in our industry is laser dentistry. Redondo Beach and Manhattan Beach patients have started to realize some of the incredible benefits of using lasers in dental procedures. Here at Redondo Beach Dental Group, lasers have always been dedicated to the art of dentistry and our patients’ absolute comfort. That’s why we have stayed on the cutting edge of dental technology and currently offer 6 different lasers in our practice.
While it might seem like a new trend, we have been using lasers in his practice for over 20 years. Over the last two decades, the technology has evolved and improved exponentially for laser dentistry. Redondo Beach and Manhattan Beach men and women who may feel anxious about visiting the dentist because of the traditional tools like drills and needles should definitely call us at (310) 660-7726. We would love to tell you all about the incredible features and benefits of laser dentistry and answer any questions that you might have. You can also check out some of our videos on the lasers that we have in our office.
How it Works: Laser Dentistry
Redondo Beach and Manhattan Beach patients that opt to get laser dentistry often want to know how it works. We love talking about our laser dentistry because of how much it is changing how we practice dentistry. We would love to show you in person exactly how vastly different your dental experience can be when you get laser dentistry.
- Lasers are beams of concentrated light.
- When used by our doctors, lasers can be used to:
- Remove tissue.
- Clean and sterilize teeth
- Cut through tooth and gum.
- Help fillings cure faster.
When compared to traditional tools like drills, lasers offer a huge range of immense benefits including greater precision.
Types of Dental Lasers
We offer 6 different types of lasers in our practice. We use both hot and cold lasers for dental treatment and periodontal care.
- We use hot lasers to cut hard tooth structure and gum.
- These lasers can reshape your teeth and eliminate dental decay with minimal or no discomfort and usually without the need of dental anesthesia.
- Cold lasers do not cut and are used outside of your mouth.
- We are one of the few dental practices to incorporate cold lasers into our practice.
- These soft tissue lasers can remove pockets of bacteria from your gums and speed up healing by stimulating the surgical area allowing our patients to recover more quickly and with less postoperative discomfort.
- We provide bi-weekly cold laser treatments to our oral surgery patients at no additional cost.
Patient Benefits from Laser Dentistry
Redondo Beach patients that experience laser dentistry for the first time are always completely floored by how relaxed and comfortable they are. On top of the increased comfort and relaxation that laser dentistry provides, there are huge additional medical benefits to using a laser over traditional dental tools.
- Little to no pain – The incredible speeds that dental drills achieve creates intense friction, pressure, and heat. All of these things are what cause pain. With a laser, all of that is eliminated so we can remove tissues, cut through teeth, and remove infection without the need for anesthesia.
- Faster healing – Because lasers don’t use friction, they’re more precise and can reduce your recovery and healing time after procedures.
- Save more tooth – During cavity procedures, we will remove the infected part of the tooth. Using a laser grants our doctors greater precision and allows them to preserve more of your healthy tooth.
- Less anxiety – Many patients have such great anxiety about going to the dentist because of the sound of the drill, the smell it makes, and the pain it causes. With a laser, all of that goes away–including any needles and injections–which gives our patients a much calmer and relaxing experience.
Contact Redondo Beach Dental Group Today
If you’re interested in learning more about how laser dentistry can radically change how you feel about visiting the dentist, call our office today at (310) 660-7726. We would love to explain in greater detail how our lasers work and why our patients absolutely love coming in for regular cleanings. The first step is to set up a convenient appointment that fits your schedule so contact us today!