Laser Dentistry Redondo Beach
One of the fastest growing trends in our industry is laser dentistry. Our patients have started to realize some of the incredible benefits of using lasers in dental procedures. Here at Redondo Beach Dental Group, lasers have always been dedicated to the art of dentistry and our patients’ absolute comfort. That’s why we have stayed on the cutting edge of dental technology and currently offer 6 different lasers in our practice.
While it might seem like a new trend, we have been using lasers in our practice for over 20 years. Over the last two decades, the technology has evolved and improved exponentially for laser dentistry. Our patients who may feel anxious about visiting the dentist because of the traditional tools like drills and needles should definitely call us at (310) 542-6988. We would love to tell you all about the incredible features and benefits of laser dentistry and answer any questions that you might have. You can also check out some of our videos on the lasers that we have in our office.
How it Works: Laser Dentistry
Patients that opt to get laser dentistry often want to know how it works. We love talking about our laser dentistry because of how much it is changing how we practice dentistry. We would love to show you in person exactly how vastly different your dental experience can be when you get laser dentistry.
- Laser stands for “Light Amplified by Stimulated Emission of Radiation”, which roughly means that they are concentrated light of a single wavelength.
- When used by our doctors, lasers can be used to:
- Remove hard and soft tissue by cutting through tooth and gum.
- Cleans and sterilizes teeth above and below the gumline.
- Low Level Laser Treatment (Cold Laser) helps to promote healing following surgery.
- Can provide faster healing and pain relief from aphthous ulcers and cold sores.
Types of Dental Lasers
We use different types of lasers in our practice. We use both hot and cold lasers for dental treatment and periodontal care.
- We use hot lasers to cut hard tooth structure and gums.
- These lasers can reshape your teeth and eliminate dental decay with minimal or no discomfort and usually without the need of dental anesthesia.
- They can also be used for aesthetic gingival re-contouring and crown lengthening, as well as disinfecting periodontal pockets to improve the health of the gums.
- Cold lasers do not cut and are used outside of your mouth.
- We are one of the few dental practices to incorporate cold lasers into our practice.
- These soft tissue lasers stimulate the healing cells in the surgical area which allows our patients to recover more quickly and with less postoperative discomfort.
- We provide bi-weekly cold laser treatments to our oral surgery patients at no additional cost.
Patient Benefits from Laser Dentistry
Redondo Beach patients that experience laser dentistry for the first time are always completely floored by how relaxed and comfortable they are. On top of the increased comfort and relaxation that laser dentistry provides, there are huge additional medical benefits to using a laser over traditional dental tools.
- Little to no pain– The incredible speeds that dental drills achieve creates intense friction, pressure, and heat. All of these things are what cause pain. With a laser, all of that is eliminated so we can remove tissues, cut through teeth, and remove infection with the use of little to no anesthesia.
- Faster healing– Because lasers don’t use friction, they’re more precise and can reduce your recovery and healing time after procedures.
- Save more tooth– During cavity procedures, we will remove the infected part of the tooth. Using a laser grants our doctors greater precision and allows them to preserve more of your healthy tooth.
- Less anxiety– Many patients have such great anxiety about going to the dentist because of the sound of the drill, the smell it makes, and the pain it causes. With a laser, all of that goes away–including any needles and injections–which gives our patients a much calmer and relaxing experience.
Contact Redondo Beach Dental Group Today
If you’re interested in learning more about how laser dentistry can radically change how you feel about visiting the dentist, call our office today at (310) 542-6988. We would love to explain in greater detail how our lasers work and why our patients absolutely love coming in for regular cleanings. The first step is to set up a convenient appointment that fits your schedule so contact us today!