Dental Bridges Redondo Beach and Manhattan Beach
If you’ve lost teeth or had teeth removed, then an outstanding option for you to restore your smile could be a dental bridge. Redondo & Manhattan Beach patients who are suffering from missing teeth can restore their healthy smile and a dental bridge can also help with the overall shape of your face and your ability to speak and chew.
Call Redondo Beach Dental Group today at (310) 660-7726 if you’d like to learn more about how a dental bridge could absolutely change your life, boost your confidence, and get you the smile of your dreams. We are dedicated to the art and science of dentistry and offer the most cutting edge dental techniques and technology available. We love when our patients call us with questions about their dental procedure so schedule your appointment today.
What Is a Dental Bridge?
Redondo & Manhattan Beach patients who are interested in filling in their missing teeth often ask us what exactly dental bridges are. If you’ve lost teeth and are anxious to finally smile with your mouth open again, then a dental bridge is a fantastic option.
Just like the support pillars on a bridge, a dental bridge uses your existing, healthy teeth–or metal implants–to support a new, synthetic tooth. The bridge is custom made to fit on your teeth and provides a solid, sturdy chewing surface and also supports the natural shape of your face. The result is a very natural cosmetic solution to replacing a lost tooth. Your custom dental bridges can be made from different materials, including metal, porcelain, composite, zirconia, and e.max®. If you decide a bridge is for you, then the most accurate and durable bridges are made using the CEREC® 3D system.
Who Can Get a Dental Bridge
Redondo & Manhattan Beach patients who have lost one or more teeth and are in good health are excellent candidates for dental bridges. Even if you’re missing more than one tooth, a dental bridge can still be used to replace your lost teeth. During your examination, we will discuss the entire procedure, answer any questions, and make a recommendation on what the best next step should be.
Types of Dental Bridges
There are three different types of dental bridge procedures. Which one is right for you depends on your health and what your unique dental needs are.
- Traditional – Traditional dental bridges use each of the teeth on either side of your missing tooth. Our doctors will make a crown with these support teeth and then cement the bridge on top of them.
- Cantilever bridge – This type of bridge is appropriate when there is a support tooth on only one side of the missing tooth.
- Resin-bonded bridge – This type of bridge uses metal and porcelain to bond the bridge to support teeth.
What is the Procedure for Getting a Dental Bridge
Redondo & Manhattan Beach patients usually get their bridge work done in 2 or more visits.
- With a traditional bridge, where there are two healthy teeth on either side of the missing tooth gap, the first step is for our doctors to create crowns on those support teeth.
- Our doctors will then take an impression of the crowns so our lab can create the dental bridge. After this first visit, our patients get a temporary bridge to wear until they come back.
- After the bridge is made, a follow up appointment is needed so our doctors can cement this bridge into place. Some patients may have to come back to get their bridge checked and adjusted.
Maintaining and Caring for your Dental Bridge
After your procedure is complete, patients should still take care and maintain their dental bridge. Redondo & Manhattan Beach patients can keep their bridge healthy and in good condition for several years, sometimes even up to 15 years or more.
Give us a call today at (310) 660-7726 if you’re tired of your missing teeth keeping you from smiling or from being able to speak like you used to. We would be honored to help you regain your confidence with a beautiful set of dental bridges. Call us today with any questions or concerns you might have. We can set up a convenient time for you to visit our office, meet our team and get a quick examination.