6 Cases Invisalign Can Treat?
Invisalign is one of the more updated, technologically advanced options we have for fixing your teeth. While metal braces are the general standard that most people have used, Invisalign acts a new innovative way to realign your teeth without the hassle of braces. It’s because of this that Invisalign has become one of the most modern dental treatments for straightening teeth. When it comes to choosing a clear, hassle-free option versus the annoyance of dealing with metal in your mouth; it’s really no contest.
At Redondo Beach Dental Group, we have many Redondo Beach patients who have received Invisalign treatment. While the treatment is mostly used for patients who have crooked or crowded teeth, there are various circumstances that Invisalign is used for. The treatment is actually very beneficial for many patients who want to improve their dental health. Aside from being a more comfortable and aesthetically appealing option, Invisalign can also treat many other cases. Our Redondo Beach dentists have come up with six cases that this treatment works best for:
- Having an overbite. An overbite is when your upper teeth bite over your lower teeth when your back molars are aligned. This can be created by many factors including lifestyle aspects, genetics, and more. Depending on how you eat and take care of your teeth as well, you can develop an overbite overtime. Gradually, this can lead to many other serious dental issues including gum disease and jaw issues.
- Many gaps in between your teeth. If you have multiple gaps between your teeth, Invisalign can help move your teeth closer together. When you have gaps spread out among your teeth, Invisalign is one of the best treatments for bringing your teeth in closer. If you leave this issue untreated, you can eventually develop periodontal disease.
- Too many crowded teeth. When your teeth are forced all together, this can be harmful to your health. Your teeth may be overcrowded due to new teeth coming in or a number of various other reasons. However, this crowding can actually lead to more issues and ultimately can leave your teeth very crooked.
- Having a crossbite. For Redondo Beach patients, a crossbite occurs when both your upper teeth and your lower teeth are not aligned properly. This means that instead of an underbite or an overbite, your upper teeth bite on the inside of your lower teeth. Because of this misalignment, you can end up having serious dental problems including bone and enamel loss.
- Having an underbite. Much like a crossbite or overbite, an underbite is not very beneficial for your dental health. It’s undesirable because it looks very unappealing because your lower teeth will protrude out further than your upper teeth. This can also prevent your teeth from functioning normally, as your upper teeth should be a slightly over your lower teeth.
- Many crooked and misaligned teeth. If your teeth are very crooked, Invisalign can help treat this case as well. When your teeth aren’t aligned properly, it can be unattractive. Having straight, aligned teeth always looks better than when your teeth are slanting in various ways. Invisalign can help fix this problem and leave you with a much more charming smile that you can feel proud to show off.
These are all cases that we can correct and that are very common with many of our patients. If you’ve been considering Invisalign for a while and suffer from one of these cases, make the call and reach out to our Redondo Beach office today.